Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a MUST try recipe....I've been making it years and have nothing but rave reviews. I recommend everyone give this a go and if you dont LOVE it you can hunt me down and beat me with a stick...lol
- 1 loaf bread (Round Cobb Loaf)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g light sour cream
- 250 g grated tasty cheese
- 4 spring onions (including green ends)
- 4 slice ham
- 1 large red capsicum (Pepper)
- 14.79 ml jalapeno pepper (pickled stlye from Jar)
- Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf,set slice aside.
- Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Lift out center of loaf; tear into 1-inch cubes, and set aside.
- Cut ham, spring onion, jalapeno and capsicum into very small dice.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and tasty cheese in bowl, add other ingredients and mix well.
- Place mixture into the cavity of the bread and replace top of loaf.
- Wrap in foil and cook in moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- Before serving give the dip a little stir to ensure even distribution of cheese.
- Serve with reserved bread chunks that have been toasted in oven. Once these have been consumed everyone just tears open the bread bowl.
- Also good with corn chips.
WOW this sounds great i really like the ideal of the jalapenos
This was a huge success at our small gathering last night. I wrongly bought two sour creams instead of one cream cheese, but it still worked out, it was just a little runny. I added quite a bit of tabasco, and the pepper I used was called "Mild pepper", jalapeno is hard to find. I also used red onion as I had some to use up. I will make again. Friends said it tasted like a pizza!
Wonderful flavor and great for a party appetizer. I added a bit of garlic powder and used parmesan cheese for my choice of cheese. Easy preparation. Prepared for the Edition 8 of Make My Recipe Tag Event.