Recipe by barefootmommawv
A friend of mines Mother sent us a bunch of these little recipe cards from a grocery store. I'm assuming its the Piggly Wiggly down in Fla she got them from since she works there. I haven't tried this yet but as soon as BBQ season gets in full swing I will be sure to try this.
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) beef t-bone steaks, grilling streaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush steaks with oil; rub with black pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan combine root beer, ketchup, orange juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, garlic, ginger, onion powder, black pepper and hot sauce. Bring to boiling; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat grill to medium high (350 degrees).
- Brush steaks with prepared sauce, and place on grill. Grill 5 minutes on each side for medium. Brush on sauce throughout grilling, as desired.