1/1 Photo of T - Bone Steaks With Garlic Butter Sauce
I found this recipe clipping from the Vancouver Province dated May 21, 1997 while browsing through an old cookbook of mine it says it is from the Steak Lover's Cookbook; we made this sauce absolutely yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef t bone steaks (at least 1 inch in thickness)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (chilled and cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves (medium, peeled, ends removed, put through a garlic press)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (kosher)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (cracked)
- 1Pat steaks dry. Lightly coat the steaks with the vegetable oil and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2In medium saucepan, whisk together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard and vinegar; set aside.
- 3Preheat the broiler or grill. Place the steaks on the broiler pan or grill and cook until seared and well crusted on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook on second side for 3 minutes for rare or 4 more minutes for medium. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4For the sauce, place the ketchup mixture over very low heat and heat to just warm. Whisk in the butter pieces, one or two at a time. Whisk constantly; the butter should melt but not become separated. If butter melts to fast, remove from heat and continue whisking. Stir in the garlic and season to taste.
- 5Carve steaks into 1/2 inch thick slices and divide among 4 - 6 warm plates. Spoon 2 tbsps. of sauce over each portion. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for T - Bone Steaks With Garlic Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 349.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 33.8 g