1/1 Photo of T-Bone Steaks with Garlic and Chili Butter
From the October, 1993 issue of Bon Appetite. I have made this several times, and it's worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast chili over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 2Place chili in paper bag and let stand until cool.
- 3Peel, stem and seed chili.
- 4Finely chop chili and reserve.
- 5Preheat oven to 375.
- 6toss garlic with 2 T olive oil in heavy small baking pan.
- 7Roast garlic until soft, about 20 minutes; cool.
- 8Peel garlic, reserving oil in pan.
- 9Mash garlic in small bowl.
- 10Add butter, chili powder and hot pepper sauce and blend well.
- 11Mix in chopped chili and oil reserved from garlic.
- 12Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- 13Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- 14Add to skillet; cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for rare.
- 15Arrange steaks on platter.
- 16Top steaks with chili butter.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for T-Bone Steaks with Garlic and Chili Butter
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.1
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 203.4 mg
- Sodium 194.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 55.0 g