Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce is delicious! If you love bacon and mushrooms, you should love this. Recipe is from Kraft. Porterhouse steaks could be substituted for the T-Bone.
- Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings in skillet.
- Place bacon on paper towels to drain.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in skillet; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bacon, steak sauce, sherry and sugar; mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Grill or broil steaks 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve topped with mushroom sauce.
Excellent flavor combination in the Bacon-Mushroom Sauce. I did use a Sauvignon Blanc white wine in place of the Sherry just because I love that wine to cook with. I seasoned my steaks (Filet Mignon) with Dale's seasoning and Southern Flavor Charbroil Seasoning which is a standard for our steaks these days and let them marinade during the day turning them frequently. We loved it. My steak was so tender. Thanks so much for sharing.
Wonderful sauce. It was so good. I cooked the bacon slices and them crumbled them. I used dry red wine instead of sherry. For the steak sauce I used Bar Americain Steak Sauce. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Delicious I added onions and red wine instead of sherry and the taste was great. This one's a keeper.