Recipe by Lainey39
This sauce is delicious! If you love bacon and mushrooms, you should love this. Recipe is from Kraft. Porterhouse steaks could be substituted for the T-Bone.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent flavor combination in the Bacon-Mushroom Sauce. I did use a Sauvignon Blanc white wine in place of the Sherry just because I love that wine to cook with. I seasoned my steaks (Filet Mignon) with Dale's seasoning and Southern Flavor Charbroil Seasoning which is a standard for our steaks these days and let them marinade during the day turning them frequently. We loved it. My steak was so tender. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) beef t-bone steaks (about 8 oz. each and 1 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings in skillet.
- Place bacon on paper towels to drain.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in skillet; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bacon, steak sauce, sherry and sugar; mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Grill or broil steaks 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve topped with mushroom sauce.