Recipe by PBShakes
This time of year our tangerine tree is BOOMING! So I am always looking for creative ways to use them. This on is tasty! *You can substitute oranges if you don't have tangerines coming out your ears like we do.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 158.51 ml chopped onion
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 5 dried chilies, minced
- 9.85 ml szechwan pepper, roasted and ground
- 9.85 ml minced fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml fresh tangerine juice
- 29.58 ml dark soy sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 3.69 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml szechwan chili paste with garlic
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml tangerine peel, cut into strips
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Combine onions in small bowl. Combine chili peppers, peppercorns and ginger in another bowl. Combine juice, soy sauce, hoisin, sugar and chili paste and mix well. Set all 3 bowls aside.
- Heat oil in wok (or large pan) to 225*F (110*C). Add chicken and cook until it loses pink color. Remove chicken and drain. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat oil until very hot. Add chili pepper mixture and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add peel. Add combined onions and stir-fry 20 seconds. Mix in chicken. Add juice mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add vinegar and stir-fry 15 seconds. Mix in sesame oil and serve.