Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This time of year our tangerine tree is BOOMING! So I am always looking for creative ways to use them. This on is tasty! *You can substitute oranges if you don't have tangerines coming out your ears like we do.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 5 dried chilies, minced
- 2 teaspoons szechwan pepper, roasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon szechwan chili paste with garlic
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tangerine peel, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine chicken and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Combine onions in small bowl. Combine chili peppers, peppercorns and ginger in another bowl. Combine juice, soy sauce, hoisin, sugar and chili paste and mix well. Set all 3 bowls aside.
- Heat oil in wok (or large pan) to 225*F (110*C). Add chicken and cook until it loses pink color. Remove chicken and drain. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat oil until very hot. Add chili pepper mixture and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add peel. Add combined onions and stir-fry 20 seconds. Mix in chicken. Add juice mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add vinegar and stir-fry 15 seconds. Mix in sesame oil and serve.
Made with Oranges since I had no Tangerines. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!