This time of year our tangerine tree is BOOMING! So I am always looking for creative ways to use them. This on is tasty! *You can substitute oranges if you don't have tangerines coming out your ears like we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 5 dried chilies, minced
- 2 teaspoons szechwan pepper, roasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon szechwan chili paste with garlic
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tangerine peel, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Combine chicken and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 2Combine onions in small bowl. Combine chili peppers, peppercorns and ginger in another bowl. Combine juice, soy sauce, hoisin, sugar and chili paste and mix well. Set all 3 bowls aside.
- 3Heat oil in wok (or large pan) to 225*F (110*C). Add chicken and cook until it loses pink color. Remove chicken and drain. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 4Heat oil until very hot. Add chili pepper mixture and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add peel. Add combined onions and stir-fry 20 seconds. Mix in chicken. Add juice mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add vinegar and stir-fry 15 seconds. Mix in sesame oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechwan Spicy Tangerine Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.4
- Calories from Fat 1013
- Total Fat 112.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 682.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic