Recipe by Debi
Yet another Tasty treat from Thai Cooking & More. These recipes are fast to prepare and cook up even faster - great for wonderful weeknight meals or those busy weekends.
Top Review by Pookatron
This was a great stirfry! I had to omit the bell pepper (I'm intolerant of them for some reason.) and the snow peas (didn't have) and replaced with a cup and a half of frozen mixed veg. Very spicy! Yummmm! I will definitely make this again.
- 6 ounces spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 3⁄4 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. (leave tails on for presentation)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Combine shrimp, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add snow peas, bell pepper, carrots, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bowl, reserving soy sauce mixture. Add shrimp to skillet; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl; mix well. Add to skillet with reserved soy sauce mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque and sauce thickens.
- Serve over spaghetti; garnish with green onions and cilantro if desired.