Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fabulous cold full flavored peanut sauce. Great for dipping chicken skewers. Source: "China Moon Cookbook"
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon serrano rice wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon plain rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- Mince garlic and cilantro in food processor, scraping until fine.
- Put in stainless bowl Mix in remainder of ingredients.
- Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature tightly covered.
Mind blowingly good peanut sauce!
once upon a time, i had an amazing peanut sauce at a little hole in the wall vietnamese restaurant. i've been searching for a similar recipe ever since and i have at last found it! *glee* this is by far the best peanut sauce i have ever made. i used 3 T orange blossom honey instead of sugar... and since i only had salted organic peanut butter, i used a bit less soy sauce to even the salt out.
I keep a jar of this in the fridge at all times. Soooo good. Great mixed with rice. Usually though, I increase the peanut butter to 3/4 cup, because sometimes I have trouble tasting the peanut butteriness. But fabulous recipe w/o alteration. :)