Recipe by foodart
A noodle dish serve with blend of chili oil and green onion.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very simple, yet very yummy! I used Chinese lo mein noodles. I loved the heat from the hot chili oil. The only thing that I added was a bit of garlic. This is a very versatile recipe. You could add more veggies or protein to make a meal out of this, or just enjoy as is. Thanx!
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 6 stalks green onions, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a stockpot with water and boil to a boiling add the noodles cook until al dente. Use chopsticks or two wooden spoons to separate noodles as they cook. Do not overcook. Empty noodles into a large colander then immediately flush with cold running water until cool. Shake off excess water and drain for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Combine sesame oil soy sauce vinegar sugar and chili oil; mix well. Pour over noodles and use your hands to evenly distribute seasoned sauce. Work carefully so noodles don’t break. Gently spread sauce over each strand and allow the noodles to fully absorb sauce before eating. Add all onions except 2 tablespoons. Toss and mix to evenly distribute the onions. Noodles taste best if they are allowed to sit and the flavors meld for a few hours before serving. Top with green onion.