Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am not really big on really spicey foods. So why would I post a recipe that uses 8 cloves of garlic? Because the garlic mellows considerably when cooked. Try it if you like green beans you' ll be pleasantly surprised.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, dark
- 2 lbs green beans, fresh, trimmed
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Place a heavy, deep skillet over medium-high heat. After a few minutes, add the oil. Wait a minute or so and add the green beans. Turn the heat to high and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until the beans are well seared.
- Add the garlic, salt and red pepper, if using. Stir-fry for several more minutes, then remove from heat.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed these beans! They were cooked nicely, not too crispy, not to soft. I ate them with the salt, pepper and red pepper flake, and also tried them with a touch of spicy brown bean sauce. Thanks! Made for the Asian Unrated game.
I really liked this. My fiance, on the other hand, did not. He is not used to "hard" green beans. If he would have known they are stir-fried and not boiled, his opinion would've been different. The garlic and red pepper flakes make this fantabulous!!