Recipe by PaulaG
Daughter gives us a Harry and David fruit of the month gift for Christmas. This month was "pearsnapples" and the insert had this wonderful salad. It is out of this world.
Top Review by Susie D
I liked this salad quite a lot. I enjoyed the combination of spinach, crisp cold pears & apples, and the cilantro. The dressing is delicious and pairs well with the ingredients. I did have a problem with the thickness of the dressing and repeatedly added additional water. I do agree with other reviewers that sunflower seeds or chow mein noodles would be a nice added ingredient to add crunch. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 1 medium pear
- 1 medium apple
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cucumber, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped coriander
- 3 cups green leaf lettuce, shredded (I use baby spinach.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients for dressing into a small saucepan.
- Warm on low heat until creamy and well blended, whisking constantly.
- Add a 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to dressing until desired consistency.
- Mix about 2 cups of cold water and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Core apple and pear, cut into thin slices and drop into cold water.
- Wash and tear greens into bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken, cucumber and coriander.
- When ready to serve, drain and lightly dry the fruit.
- On chilled salad plates divide the greens into 2 portions, place chicken mixture in mound on top.
- Arrange the fruit slices on top and serve with the dressing.