1/1 Photo of Szechwan Chicken over String/Green Beans
Adapted from a recipe I found at the Grocery Checkout aisle. Original recipe calls for pork over spinach. Our local Asian Bistro uses string beans and chicken is my favorite. I haven't tried yet - posted for Chinese New Year tag game.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 cup carrot, cut into match stick sized strips
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot strips. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Combine soy sauce, mirin and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to chicken mixtures. Stir-fry about 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Remove to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile blanch green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately shock the beans in a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3In same skillet chicken cooked in, add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add green beans and cook about 1 minute or until warmed through.
- 4To serve put a bed of green beans on each plate and cover with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechwan Chicken over String/Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g