Recipe by katie in the UP
This is from the Low Carb and Lovin' It show on the Food Network (George Stella) This is a beautiful and wonderful way to eat veggies!! I added a couple of ingredients to his recipe that we love...it's a very versatile recipe...make changes to suit your own tastes. Original recipe has 1/4 cup sesame oil which I cut down to 2 tbls.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 cup yellow squash (half-moon slices approx 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup zucchini (half-moon slices approx 1/2 inch)
- 1 baby eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced ginger (I find it easier to use micro plane here)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (avoid the thicker..sauce one...I use the teriyaki marinade)
- 1⁄2 cup canned straw mushroom
- 3 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup baby corn (canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by preparing and cutting all the vegetables so that they are ready to go. Once you begin stir-frying, it goes very quickly.
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat canola oil over high heat to almost smoking.
- While stirring constantly, 1 at a time, add in the peppers and onions, followed by the squash, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and teriyaki sauce.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and then add in the remaining ingredients and seasonings, except for the snow peas and baby corn.
- Cook about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in snow peas and corn.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with Kim Chee (if desired) recipe#136908.