Szechuan Vegetable Stir-Fry
- In medium covered saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat and simmer until all of water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, sherry, honey, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic and ginger, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and carrots, and saute until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, baby corn and water chestnuts, and cook, stirring frequently, until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add hoisin mixture and tofu, bring to a boil and cook until tofu is hot, about 1 minute. Stir in cornstarch mixture, bring to a boil and boil until sauce is lightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve stir-fry on top of jasmine rice.