1/3 Photos of Szechuan Turkey and Broccoli Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
A festive, warming dish to bring to your Holiday office pot luck party. Spicy and sweet turkey and broccoli stir fried with peppers, onions, ginger and garlic. Full flavored adding as much chili flakes to satisfy your heat tolerance. Served over brown rice in a casserole or plate over rice. This recipe calls for Hot chili oil which has soybean oil, red chili peppers, sesame oil, garlic oil and ginger oil or you can make you own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (Dynasty is the brand I use)
- 1 red bell pepper, just over 1 cup cut into 1 x 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, just over 1 cup rough chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Spray a 10x13 in casserole pan and set aside.
- 4In a large hot fry pan or wok add oil. Stir fry peppers, onions, garlic and ginger 3 minutes. Add ground turkey mixing in thoroughly add broccoli stir in and cover cooking over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile in a bowl mix brown sugar and cornstarch stir in beef broth add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and black pepper. Stir into turkey mixture, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Place cooked rice in the casserole pan.
- 7Taste the turkey mixture and adjust the heat to your tolerance. Pour over the rice cover with foil and warm in oven for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Turkey and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 320.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil