Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 min
- 2 lbs napa cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Split cabbage in two.
- Remove core and shred cabbage.
- Place shredded cabbage on large plate and toss with salt cover with paper towels.
- Place a heavy, flat weight over towels and let stand for 2 hours.
- Squeeze liquid from cabbage. Stir-fry ginger in hot oil.
- Turn off heat.
- Add vinegar and sugar.
- Turn heat to low and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add scallions and cilantro. Stir 30 seconds.
- Turn off oil and add chili oil and sesame oil.
- Pour sauce over the cabbage and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature. Will last 3 days refrigerated.