Recipe by Busy Mom 628
Very tasty way to serve venison steaks or any other kind of meat.
Top Review by Tea Girl
This is a great recipe, super easy and really tasty. The only thing I changed was I fried in leftover bacon grease rather than oil. I liked how sweet it was. I used butterfly steaks and a halved tenderized heart and it tasted great with both. I will do this one again, thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 lb venison steak, cut however you'd like
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons red wine or 8 tablespoons marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil, drain off any fat (not necessary with venison).
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and red pepper; pour over meat.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; add to pan.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Top with sesame seed if desired.