Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty way to serve venison steaks or any other kind of meat.
- 1 lb venison steak, cut however you'd like
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons red wine or 8 tablespoons marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Brown meat in oil, drain off any fat (not necessary with venison).
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and red pepper; pour over meat.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; add to pan.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Top with sesame seed if desired.
This is a great recipe, super easy and really tasty. The only thing I changed was I fried in leftover bacon grease rather than oil. I liked how sweet it was. I used butterfly steaks and a halved tenderized heart and it tasted great with both. I will do this one again, thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
I made this last night and the family loved it -- even my daughter who isn't crazy about venison. I cut the brown sugar in half and thought the sweetness factor was just right. It doesnt' say when to add the garlic in the recipe, so I put it in with the meat -- worked fine. It makes a thick sauce, so the cornstarch could probably be reduced just a bit. Very flavorful and satisfying dish. Thanks!