Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
by Ching He-Huang from Ching's Kitchen Simple, spicy and scrumptious, Ching-He Huang's imaginative vegetarian side dish can be made in minutes
Top Review by diane patt
Nice Szechuan receipe! I didn't have any eggplant but the receipe turned out great. I still can't cook as good as our favorite chinese resturant(not buffet) but this was great for at home. tx!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced and cut into small chunks
- 500 ml water
- 3 tablespoons chili bean sauce, preferably dou ban jiang sauce, if available
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 400 g fresh tofu, in water, drained and cubed
- 2 small spring onions, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok with the oil over a high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds.
- Add the eggplant to the wok and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over 500ml of water, followed by the chilli bean sauce, soy sauce and tofu. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately with steamed rice.