Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a terrific hot weather salad or side dish with your favorite Chinese main dish. Beef or chicken can be substituted also. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles (thin Chinese style, or linguini in a pinch)
- 4 ounces shrimp (small, pre-cooked)
- 4 ounces snow peas (sliced diagonally)
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 1 carrot (cut into matchstick size pieces)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 green onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (grated)
- Boil noodles in water for about 10 minutes. Rinse, add 1 tablespoons oil (to avoid sticking). Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- To 2 cups of boiling water, immerse snow peas, sprouts and carrots. Cook for 1 minute.
- Rinse vegetables immediately in cold water. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Pour beaten egg in a small oiled skillet. Roll the egg to cover the bottom of pan. Cook, then shred into slices.
- Place noodles, shrimp, cooled vegetables and shredded egg into a bowl. Toss with prepared sauce and toss lightly before serving.
For the sauce I just mix the sauce ingredients together, using 1/4 cup "less sodium soy sauce", brown rice vinegar being that is what I had, added 2 cloves of minced garlic. For the salad ingredients I used a 12 ounce bag of bean sprouts, 1 pound noodles, twice the amount of snow peas, shrimp. This is refreshingly healthy good!