Adapted from a recipe by FOODGU1 at allrecipes.com. Adjust the heat to your liking (as written, it's fairly mild). Serve with steamed or fried rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled with tails left on
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 12 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tbsp)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of the water; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Stir in green onions, ginger, and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- 5Quickly stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Toss and stir until sauce is thick and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Szechuan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.6 g