Recipe by Sue Lau
A delicious spicy stir-fry. If you like it hotter, stir in some sambal oelek (chile paste) to your dish at the end. Goes great with rice or noodles.
Top Review by Peter Pan
A flavorful dish in less than 15 minutes and under 200 calories. I saved time by using already peeled and deveined shrimps. The outcome surpass my expectation. The finely chopped ginger blended well with other fresh ingredients yet yield a subtle exotic taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml Heinz chili sauce
- 14.79 ml rice wine or 14.79 ml sherry wine
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml canola oil (peanut oil if you prefer)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml minced gingerroot
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ketchup, chili sauce rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and corn starch in small bowl to make sauce.
- Pour oil in seasoned wok before heating and wipe around.
- Heat wok and add scallions ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add shrimp.
- Stir constantly for about 2 minutes, adding small amounts of water if food starts to stick; cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir sauce again, then add to wok, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Serve with steamed rice.