1/4 Photos of Szechuan Shrimp
Sue Lau's Note:
A delicious spicy stir-fry. If you like it hotter, stir in some sambal oelek (chile paste) to your dish at the end. Goes great with rice or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Heinz chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (peanut oil if you prefer)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1Mix ketchup, chili sauce rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and corn starch in small bowl to make sauce.
- 2Pour oil in seasoned wok before heating and wipe around.
- 3Heat wok and add scallions ginger and garlic.
- 4Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add shrimp.
- 5Stir constantly for about 2 minutes, adding small amounts of water if food starts to stick; cook until shrimp turns pink.
- 6Stir sauce again, then add to wok, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 7Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g