Recipe by Midwest Maven
This recipe is spicy and delicious and just as good as any Chinese takeout!
Top Review by freesgirl
Good recipe and great flavor. I doubled everything except soy sauce but thought it was still a bit salty. Next time I'll either use light soy or use half of the amount called for. Will definitely be making this again!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar, ginger, and red pepper in a small cup.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Stir-fry the shrimp until pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon to a heated bowl.
- Add garlic to the skillet and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Return shrimp to skillet and heat for about 1 minute.
- Great served with fried rice or white. Enjoy!