Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Don't let some of the ingredients fool you -- this spicy shrimp makes a simple, impressive dish, which I usually make for company. For more or less heat, adjust amount of red pepper. Serve over hot steamed rice.
Top Review by jphillips
What an excellent recipe! So easy and absolutely delicious. I added some brocolli to mine and doubled the ingredients for the sauce as per Gloria in Tampa's suggestion. I served this dish on a bed of Vermicelli noodles. Will definely prepare this dish on a regular basis.
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir in sauce.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.