Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't let some of the ingredients fool you -- this spicy shrimp makes a simple, impressive dish, which I usually make for company. For more or less heat, adjust amount of red pepper. Serve over hot steamed rice.
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir in sauce.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
What an excellent recipe! So easy and absolutely delicious. I added some brocolli to mine and doubled the ingredients for the sauce as per Gloria in Tampa's suggestion. I served this dish on a bed of Vermicelli noodles. Will definely prepare this dish on a regular basis.
This is so yummy! I doubled the sauce like other reviewers suggested...I served it over quinoa using Basic Quinoa and a side of steamed broccoli for an excellent meal...I also used fresh minced ginger instead of the powder stuff...made for "Help a Naked Recipe" tag game for recipes without photos...
This recipe was incredibly simple and delicious! I doubled the sauce as some suggested and it was the perfect amount. Also I added broccoli but otherwise went strictly by the recipe. I might use a little less crushed pepper next time, but it wasnt unbearably spicy. Yum!