Don't let some of the ingredients fool you -- this spicy shrimp makes a simple, impressive dish, which I usually make for company. For more or less heat, adjust amount of red pepper. Serve over hot steamed rice.
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir in sauce.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.