Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These shrimp have a little punch!
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozen snow pea pods, thawed and drained
- hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp, devein.
- Combine ketchup, and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Stir fry green pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minutes; add shrimp, and stir fry 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add green onions, garlic, and snow peas, stir fry 1 minute. Stir in ketchup mixture. Stir fry 1 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.