Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very good, tasty recipe that is easy to make. Freeze the beef for 1/2 hour before slicing to make it easier, or just shred the beef with your fingers. I approximated the preparation time to include cutting up the meat and vegetables.
- 1 lb flank steak, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, julienned
- 2 cups celery, julienned
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you prefer it hotter)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Place flank steak in bowl& stir in the soy sauce, sherry& ginger.
- Mix well& set aside.
- Heat oil on high heat in a wok& stir-fry the beef for 2 minutes, until no longer pink; remove, draining the oil back into the wok, and set aside.
- With the wok still hot, add the carrots and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the celery& pepper flakes and stir-fry another 30 seconds.
- Return the beef to the wok& stir-fry to heat through.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the wok, stir-frying until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately over rice, if desired.
We enjoyed this dish. Nice smell and flavor. I would reduce the oil a little next time. Also, I used red pepper flakes according to the recipe this time, and I would use more next time for some spice. Very easy to make, took almost no time to make. I wholeheartedly recommend freezing the meat a little before slicing, it's just SO much easier if you do. Served this with Asian Salad #55980.
Great recipe! I reduced the amount of ginger by 1/2 just as a personal preference. Served it with Egg Drop Soup and Egg Rolls. My guests just loved it!