Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is just down right awesome. So easy to make and taste just great.
Make and share this Szechuan Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, fat removed and thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used the full teaspoon and it had a very pleasant heat element to it)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- hot cooked rice
- Blend 2 tablespoon soy sauce and cornstarch in medium bowl.
- Add pork, tossing to coat well.
- Blend remaining soy sauce and sherry in small bowl and set aside.
- Cook and stir crushed red pepper in butter in large skillet over medium heat until pepper turns golden brown.
- Add pork mixture.
- Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Remove pork from skillet and set aside.
- Add red pepper, green onions and ginger to same skillet.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Return pork to skillet with sherry mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes more, stirring constantly until pork is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
My husband and I made this dish- it was delicious! We like a lot of veggies so we used broccoli,red pepper,carrots, added garlic and doubled the sauce ingredients. We cut the pork into strips instead of bite size pieces and used olive oil instead of butter. We like hot,spicy food but found 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes was plenty hot and tasty.We put it over Japanese soba noodles.
We love to cook and would definitely make this dish again.
LOVED IT! The only change I made was a few drops of sesame oil and a teaspoon of sesame seeds sprinkled on top-We will be having this again, and again......Easy to make and very tasty! Thanks for Posting your Recipe!! Di
Made this for dinner last night and my boyfriend loved it. I doubled the sauce and used chicken stock instead of sherry as well as ground ginger instead of fresh and it still came out yummy. Will definitely make again :)