Recipe by Bergy
Szechuan peppercorns have a bitter, sweet chili taste and that is what makes their cooking so unique. This is a surprisingly tasty dish great for lunch. Serve cold or at room temerature. Great for using left over chicken. As pointed out in one review be careful with the amount of salt salt as the Soy sauce is very salty in itself.
Top Review by Rinshinomori
This is a taste I'm very familiar with and like very much. I enjoyed very much using chicken for the green salad the Asian style. I thought to make this a 5 star dish, it needs to lighten up a bit with more vinegar & water and less soy sauce and sesame oil. I'v never used szechuan pepper in a dressing like this but really liked how szechuan pepper enhanced the the overall dressing taste and aroma. Thank you Bergy for posting this recipe. Made for Asian forum's unrated Asian recipe tag game.
- 2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked shredded chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove seeds from peppercorns (good quality peppercorns have no seeds or only one or two), discard seeds and crush the peppercorns.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except lettuce& chicken).
- Place lettuce on a serving plate and arrange the chicken on it& pour over the sauce.