Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
ZWT6 - Asia
- 2 teaspoons five-spice seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups raw nuts, any variety
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix spice seasoning, salt and water. Add to nuts. Stir well before adding oil.
- Add oil. Mix and toss well before spreading on microwave dish (leave center area open).
- Cook on High 3 minutes.
- Stir well and leave center open.
- Cook on High 5 more minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Stores well in sealed container.
These nuts were fast and easy to make and had a nice toasty, spicy flavour. I really enjoyed the five spice powder on these nuts, it was sweet, spicy and salty. Mmmm!
I used a 765 watt microwave and after 6 minutes some of the nuts had already burnt, which was a shame as they were so tasty. So, next time Ill microwave them less and at a lesser power.
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, ElaineAnn!
Made and reviewed for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game December 2010.
These came out very well after all! I was afraid to microwave them that long, especially the second time. But I stand corrected, the recipe is correct. Made for ZWT 6.