Recipe by Sharon123
Tired of using ground beef the same old way? Try this spicy dish! Feel free to double the sauce if you like it really saucy! Update: the hoisin sauce is quite sweet, so you might start off with just a little and work your way up!
Top Review by Deantini
Based on the previous reviews I decided to use 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp hoisin sauce and 3 tbsp soysauce. I also used ground chicken and chicken broth. The flavour was fantastic and it was super easy to throw together. Next time I will add som vegetables like cabbage, snowpeas. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (start off with just a little and work your way up)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and keep warm.
- Pour sesame oil in pan and heat till hot. Saute onion and next 4 ingredients hot sesame oil until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth.
- Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Yield: 4 servings.