Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like Chinese noodles, why not try this.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili paste
- 300 g minced beef (Can also use minced pork)
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 400 ml beef stock
- 150 g hong kong noodles or 150 g wonton wrappers, cooked in boiling water until just done and vaguely chewy
- 1 tablespoon fried onions, sliced
- spring onion
- coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli padi, sliced
- Dissolve corn flour in water to get corn flour solution.
- Heat oil in a pan, lightly fry the garlic, onion and chili paste until fragrant.
- Add the beef and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to boil and thicken with corn flour solution.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles.
- Garnish with sliced spring onion, coriander leaves and chili padi.
- Ready to serve.
We loved this dish. It is one of the tastiest we have come to cook. we made about double the quantity and leftovers where just as delicious.