Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This incredible recipe was nabbed from the Barefoot Contessa and modified by myself to make it truly raw vegan. There are a lot of ingredients, but the outcome is spectacular!
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup good soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb kelp noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and ground peppers. Puree until smooth.
- Rinse and drain the kelp noodles in a colander, place it in a large bowl, toss with 3/4 of the sauce. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well. Serve warm, cold or room temperature. The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta. I love adding some crunch, so I usually throw some chopped peanuts, or blanched broccoli bits, crumbled crisp onions - anything really!
- If you're not into spice, reduce it - although I personally feel that the spice adds another layer of amazingness! =).