Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This salad comes together quickly and is great at either room temperature or cold. Feel free to add whatever additional fresh veggies you have on hand, such as green bell peppers, bean sprouts, snow peas, etc. Originally from the Asian Food Grocer website several years ago.
- 113.39 g oriental noodles or 113.39 g spaghetti, broken up
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml oil
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (may use light)
- 7.39 ml gingerroot, grated
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes, crushed (or to taste)
- 709.77 ml chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 236.59 ml red cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the oils, honey, vinegar, soy sauce,ginger root and red pepper flakes; whisk together to blend well.
- Drain noodles; rinse noodles in cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, chicken and vegetables.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to mix well, garnish with peanuts if desired, and serve.
Delicious! I wasn't sure DH would like it, but it was mildly flavored enough that he did. We pretty much wanted the whole thing for one meal, so next time I would only use 2 cups of chicken.