This salad comes together quickly and is great at either room temperature or cold. Feel free to add whatever additional fresh veggies you have on hand, such as green bell peppers, bean sprouts, snow peas, etc. Originally from the Asian Food Grocer website several years ago.
- 4 ounces oriental noodles or 4 ounces spaghetti, broken up
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (may use light)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (or to taste)
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the oils, honey, vinegar, soy sauce,ginger root and red pepper flakes; whisk together to blend well.
- Drain noodles; rinse noodles in cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, chicken and vegetables.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to mix well, garnish with peanuts if desired, and serve.
Delicious! I wasn't sure DH would like it, but it was mildly flavored enough that he did. We pretty much wanted the whole thing for one meal, so next time I would only use 2 cups of chicken.