Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i love finding these beans in the local vietnamese market, but if you can't get them you can substitute green beans
- 2 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs long beans (*you can substitute green beans)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 small hot red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- heat wok on high.
- add oil, until hot.
- add long beans in batches and stir fry until softened, set aside.
- drain all but 2 tbsp oil in wok.
- add all ingredients until sauce thickens.
- add long beans and serve.
This is a terrific recipe. I also used green beans, and substituted cooking sherry for the rice wine, and dried chili peppers for the fresh ones. I found this really worked, my family really enjoyed it and I was impressed with the full flavour that it offered. In the future I would use half the sherry as it had a very strong flavour, but all in all I was extremely satisfied and might just make it again tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Parboiled quickly, used sake instead of shaoxing wine. Used 1 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp of red chili garlic bean paste. I would reduce the heat, as this was pretty spicy... :) Trial and Error, very good the fresh ginger really counter acts the spiciness. Thank you for posting.