Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a bit spicy so you may want to decrease the pepper flakes and add more at the end for taste. I made this for a pot-luck Chinese dinner that is why the serving size is for 8. Can be cut in half. Delicious over Chinese white rice.
- 453.59 g ground lean pork
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 1182.95 ml green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 59.16 ml hoisin sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml red pepper flakes
- 19.71 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 946.36 ml white rice, hot and cooked
- Steam beans 5 minutes (should be snappy not mushy).
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med high heat. Saute pork mixture until pork loses it's pink color - stirring to a crumble. Add steamed green beans and garlic - saute for 3-5 minutes more.
- Combine hoisin sauce, sugar, pepper flakes and soy sauce in a small bowl - stirring with a whisk to incorporate ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pan with pork and green beans. Cook another 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Serve over hot rice - Enjoy!
Better than any restaurant take-out I've ever had. I plan to double the sauce next time to pour over rice. Also, I will try steamed broccoli instead of green beans...personal preference. Can't wait to try this with modifications! thanks for the recipe!
This was ok. I will make it again, but just seemed like it was missing something.
I made this for dinner last night. Doubled the "sauce" and served with some brown rice. I used broccoli instead of green beans because it's what I had on hand. Also, I cut the pepper flakes back to only a 1/2 tsp so I could share with my toddler. Great meal.