Recipe by Golden Sunflower
This is a bit spicy so you may want to decrease the pepper flakes and add more at the end for taste. I made this for a pot-luck Chinese dinner that is why the serving size is for 8. Can be cut in half. Delicious over Chinese white rice.
Top Review by Chic Geek
Better than any restaurant take-out I've ever had. I plan to double the sauce next time to pour over rice. Also, I will try steamed broccoli instead of green beans...personal preference. Can't wait to try this with modifications! thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups white rice, hot and cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam beans 5 minutes (should be snappy not mushy).
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med high heat. Saute pork mixture until pork loses it's pink color - stirring to a crumble. Add steamed green beans and garlic - saute for 3-5 minutes more.
- Combine hoisin sauce, sugar, pepper flakes and soy sauce in a small bowl - stirring with a whisk to incorporate ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pan with pork and green beans. Cook another 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Serve over hot rice - Enjoy!