1/1 Photo of Szechuan Green Beans and Tofu (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
You can also make it without tofu or use other protein, such as chicken, beef or shrimp. For more healthy gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog: www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1A few hours before cooking, place a tofu block in a bowl and put a weight on top of it to squeeze out water as much as possible.
- 2Cook green beans in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- 3Transfer beans to a colander and run cold water. Cut them in half.
- 4Dice tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5In a small bowl, mix tamari soy sauce, sake or 1 Tbsp water, chili paste, and sugar to make a sauce. Set aside.
- 6In a sauté pan, heat sesame oil and sauté garlic and ginger for a minute.
- 7Add beans and tofu and sauté until heated.
- 8Add the sauce and sauté until the sauce is bubbly.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Infuse love and serve!
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Green Beans and Tofu (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 724.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g