This is my most favouritest noodle dish. I love it just as it is but it makes a great side dish to many meals. To make it a veggie main add some cubed tofu or Quorn in with the green beans. This originally came from "Three bowls" cookbook by Seppo Ed Farrey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for 5 minutes Drain the noodles, refresh in cold water and set aside.
- 2Heat up a dry wok and add the sesame seeds, gently swirl them until they become golden and aromatic (be careful they burn easily).
- 3Remove the seeds and set aside. In the same pan heat the oils over a medium high heat.
- 4Trim the ends from the green beans and cut into bite size pieces.
- 5Add the beans to the pan and sauté for 3 mins, turn the heat down and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 6Add the garlic and desired amount of chilli flakes (I use a small pinch) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 7Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat.
- 8Pour on the soy sauce and serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Green Beans and Soba
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3387.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 34.5 g