Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great. The recipe was originally from one of the Moosewood cookbooks with a bit of tweaking. They recommend "follow the cooking method exactly, as it is critical to the success of this dish. Both the wok and the oil should be hot, and the beans should cook quickly over high heat. They will attain an indescribable texture, both crunchy and very tender at the same time. Also, try to hang in there with the full quantity of garlic. The intense cooking heat will take the edge off it, leaving behind just the right amount of flavor." ENJOY!
- Place a medium-large wok or heavy deep skillet over medium high heat.
- After a minute, add the oil.
- Wait a minute or so, and add the green beans.
- Turn the heat to high and stir fry for about 5 minutes, or until the beans are well seared.
- Add the garlic, salt, and ginger (and optional red pepper).
- Stir-fry for several more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Yum! Loved these! The only thing I did different was half the recipe. Great beans!
Fantastic! Just like the kind I order at my favourite Szechuan restaurant. Thank you for posting!
I made these about a month ago (sorry for the delay in posting I'm just catching up). I simply adore these, I too changed the red pepper flakes to 1 heaping tsp as I love them spicy. I'm so glad to finally find this recipe, so Ã«asy to make!