These are great. The recipe was originally from one of the Moosewood cookbooks with a bit of tweaking. They recommend "follow the cooking method exactly, as it is critical to the success of this dish. Both the wok and the oil should be hot, and the beans should cook quickly over high heat. They will attain an indescribable texture, both crunchy and very tender at the same time. Also, try to hang in there with the full quantity of garlic. The intense cooking heat will take the edge off it, leaving behind just the right amount of flavor." ENJOY!
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a medium-large wok or heavy deep skillet over medium high heat.
- 2After a minute, add the oil.
- 3Wait a minute or so, and add the green beans.
- 4Turn the heat to high and stir fry for about 5 minutes, or until the beans are well seared.
- 5Add the garlic, salt, and ginger (and optional red pepper).
- 6Stir-fry for several more minutes, then remove from heat.
- 7Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (992 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g