Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
hot fried green beans
Make and share this Szechuan Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 6 cups green beans, tipped and tailed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon szechwan pepper
- 1⁄8 cup peanuts
- in oil mix garlic and red pepper flakes
- add green beans cook until just tender
- add peanuts
- add soy sauce and vinegar
- add pepper.
WOW! We loved this recipe. I cut back on the chili pepper flakes as a little heat goes a long way with me. I did have to leave out the peanuts (darn) but that didn't seem to ruin the recipe. The leftovers were fantastic. The flavors really blended! When I make this recipe again I'll make it a day ahead and simply reheat. Thanks for an easy tasty slant on the humble green bean.