Recipe by Chef mariajane
Here is a quick and flavorful side that goes with just about anything. Stir fry green and yellow beans and combine with minced ginger, diced green onions and hot pepper flakes. Add soy sauce and hoisin sauce and mix. Drizzle this tasty dish with sesame oil, add salt and pepper and serve.
Top Review by cooking with love
I used fresh beans so they took a bit longer. They were definitely spicy and the adults liked them but the kids couldn't eat them. Will cut back on the red peppers next time. Thanks for a good recipe.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (600 g) bageurope's best green adn yellow wax beans, frozen
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- additional chili flakes (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in wok over high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir fry 1-2 minutes, or until strting to brown.
- Cover and cook until almost done, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Carefully wipe pan clean.
- Add remaining oil and heat.
- Add next ingredients and srir fry until frafrant.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce and cooked beans.
- Stir fry until beans are coated.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.