Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
It may seem strange that I'm posting this recipe because I tried it and I wasn't a huge fan, but hey I figure someone out there may like it! This is from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes.
Top Review by MarissaB
I'm glad you posted this despite not being crazy about it. I really enjoyed it! I found it easy to prepare, with ingredients I always have on hand. I used extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and I used about 1-2 T. of rice vinegar instead of rice wine, because I didn't have the rice wine on hand. But it came out wonderfully; sort of like a General Tso's sauce for beans. I've also used it as a sauce for a stir fry mix (carrots, beans, broccoli, bell peppers). Delicious! Thank you for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, slivered
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the rice wine, soy sace, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Add the green beans and bell peppers and cook until tender.
- Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let thicken.