Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A fast and easy veggie dish.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger, peeled (1/4 to 1/2 inch slices)
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Finely chop garlic in a food processor.
- Add ginger, green onions and oil, process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart microproof bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add green beans, pepper flakes and soy.
- Toss well, cover, microwave on high 9-10 minutes , stirring 3 times.
I don't buy fresh green beans that often, but saw some really nice ones at the market. This was a great way to prepare them. I love that they got that nice shrivelled look that they are supposed to have without the usual work it takes to get them that way. I chopped/grated the onion, garlic and ginger by hand and that worked perfectly well. Nice to be able to do this in the micro while using the stove for other things.
Tebo this is a super recipe with just the right amount of kick! I don't microwave so adapted the recipe to do in a skillet - I steamed the beans for 5 minutes, sprayed the skillet with "No Oil" added the garlic & ginger sauteed for 1 minute added the beans -medium heat- stir fried them added the green onions, pepper flakes & soy - Heated through = delicious Thanks for posting
These are great! I used red onion because it's what I had. Didn't process in the food processor first - just chopped fine with a knife. I went a little light on the red pepper flakes and added about a teaspoon of brown sugar. I served these with Asian Grilled Pork Chops (#137142). Awesome.