Recipe by Tebo
A fast and easy veggie dish.
Top Review by duonyte
I don't buy fresh green beans that often, but saw some really nice ones at the market. This was a great way to prepare them. I love that they got that nice shrivelled look that they are supposed to have without the usual work it takes to get them that way. I chopped/grated the onion, garlic and ginger by hand and that worked perfectly well. Nice to be able to do this in the micro while using the stove for other things.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger, peeled (1/4 to 1/2 inch slices)
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop garlic in a food processor.
- Add ginger, green onions and oil, process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart microproof bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add green beans, pepper flakes and soy.
- Toss well, cover, microwave on high 9-10 minutes , stirring 3 times.