Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy, tangy, delicious, healthy, single serving recipe. I rarely use the exact measurements and it always turns out!
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (one packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste (sambal olek)
- 1⁄2 medium eggplant, chopped (approx 1 inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 roma tomato
- Combine garlic, ginger, broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Splenda, and chili sauce in wok or fry pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add eggplant and squash and cook/saute for 5 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed (this is a mushy, soft dish!).
- Reduce heat to low and add tomato.
- Saute for 1 minute to warm tomato.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was ok. I don't do well with soft veggies so I didn't cook it very long. I *should* have put the squash in first. It was a bit hot for the kids. I like the flavor combination; I think I would like this better as a stir fry with the (reduced) sauce added at the end. Made for PAC 9/07.