Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A restaurant style Chinese dish.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3⁄4 lb stringed green beans, with ends snapped off and rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons preserved radish, rinsed and minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 drops sesame oil
- Heat wok on medium high heat until it smokes.
- Add peanut oil, and heat until it is nearly smoking.
- Drop in green beans–make sure they are dry!
- Stir and fry until the beans dry out, shrivel slightly and begin to char to a dark brown in spots.
- Remove when they are quite wrinkled and somewhat charred, and drain on paper towels.
- Crank heat up to high and add all minced seasonings except pork.
- Stir and fry thirty seconds until very fragrant.
- Add minced pork, and stir with a chopping motion with the wok shovel to break it apart.
- Cook this way until almost all of the pink is gone–put beans back into wok.
- Stir and fry for ten seconds to blend, then add soy sauce and continue stir frying until all pink is gone.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil.