Recipe by Brenda.
Cucumber Salad with a kick.
Top Review by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I make mine exactly the same way so no need to wait to try them to rate. I have mine marinating in the fridge as I like them really cold and not at room temp. I did skip the sugar just personal pref and sometimes I add lemon or lime juice but great both ways. Thanks. Made for ZWT 6 for Looney Spoon Phoodies.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cucumber slices in medium serving bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and sesame oil, mix well.
- Pour dressing over cucumber slices and toss well.
- Cover and let rest at room temperature up to 4 hours.
- Drain cucumbers.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired, before serving.