Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great low carb salad!
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 scallions
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn (Szechwan)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Peel the cucumbers, cut in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut into strips about 2 in (5 cm) long and 1/2 in (1 cm) wide.
- Sprinkle cucumber strips with salt and mix thoroughly. Set aside for at.
- least 10 minutes at room temperature. Drain the cucumbers and squeeze out all the excess liquid with your hands. Clean the scallions and cut them into 2 in (5 cm) lengths, cut these into thin strips, and add to the cucumbers. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.